Second Chance Lobby Day is a time for all who believe in second chances to come together to speak to our NC lawmakers about the criminal justice and reentry issues that are impacting our communities. We gather to collectively share our stories and speak to senators and representatives about changes that should be made to NC laws to remove barriers to productive citizenship for individuals with criminal records.
We believe that our communities are safer when all of us have access to the resources and opportunities needed to take care of ourselves and our loved ones.
- Expanding Criminal Record Relief (Expunctions & Certificates of Relief)
- Abolishing the Drug Tax
- Repealing the drug felony ban on SNAP & TANF benefits
- Ending harmful use of mugshots
- Ending debt-based driver’s license suspensions
- Eliminating/Reducing Criminal Court Fines and Fees
- Increasing state budget allocations for reentry services