What is clear to members of the NC Second Chance Alliance is that the current system of incarceration and re-incarceration is not working. Our state’s unfair, revolving-door criminal justice system is undermining the safety of our communities, draining our state’s resources, and failing people with criminal records, especially people of color.
We have come together to identify and speak out in support of fair chance practices, policies, and laws that ensure people exiting the juvenile and criminal justice systems have a fair chance to be prosperous, law-abiding community members rather than being automatically excluded from essential opportunities and cycled backed into the criminal justice system.
If you share this perspective and want to contribute your voice and efforts to the NC Second Chance Alliance, please join us. As a member of the NC Second Chance Alliance, you will:
- Receive regular updates on local and statewide “fair chance” advocacy efforts;
- Help determine the NC Second Chance Alliance’s advocacy agenda and priorities;
- Receive legislative alerts on relevant bills advancing in the NC General Assembly and contact information for relevant legislators;
- Have access to NC Second Chance Alliance listening sessions and other convenings across the state;
- Receive support from member organizations to initiate and/or participate in advocacy efforts in your community.
Become a Member of NC Second Chance Alliance
Please visit and support member organizations of the NC Second Chance Alliance’s Steering Committee:
Many members of the NC Second Chance Alliance are also members of national advocacy groups led and supported by impacted people, including: